Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Slow Building

LAME DEER, NORTHERN CHEYENNE RESERVATION, MT


I have settled into a fairly muddy campsite which will be home for the next 5 weeks. I am working with Red Feather Development Group, building a straw bale house for a family on the Northern Cheyenne Reservation in Eastern Montana. 


It is beautiful here, in spite of the rain. Today we have been blessed with our first sunny day, which hopefully will be a new trend. Hard to do much with straw in the rain......


We've got a fantastic crew of people, both locals, and volunteers from farther afield, and I am really looking forward to the next several weeks, and seeing the project from start to finish. 


There is blissfully little internet access here, and no cell phone coverage, so I am looking forward to being completely unwired for a while. So this may be my only post for the next several weeks. My writing will have to be limited to the old fashioned kind. I'll get back to this in July. 

No comments:

Post a Comment