Friday, July 22, 2011

Wee Royalty

CHICAGO, IL




By 9 am the heat is stifling. An early morning trip to the park leaves both my niece and I dripping in sweat, and wilting in the heat. She has the advantage of catching a ride on the way home. I have the, um, advantage of carrying a 30 lb. human furnace on my back. It certainly is limiting our daily adventures. 


Instead there's been a lot of reading, a smattering of glitter, a wee bit of baking, and a whole lot of hair clips. I am informed that princesses wear LOTS of hair clips. The wee royalty sorted through her clips, pulling out the ones that met some mysterious criteria. The criteria definitely included pink and purple, though not ALL of the purple clips made the cut. There were a few blue and green ones, and surprisingly a yellow one in spite of earlier disdain for the color. I secure the last of her eleven hair clips, and she bounds off in search of her mom-made tutu and wings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment